The ‘Food Safety Information’ app（v3.0）, which provides mainly food safety information to the public, is created by the Municipal Affairs Bureau (IAM) of Macao SAR. It aims to deliver the latest food safety news and information to the public and food trader more efficiently and rapidly, so as to enhance public awareness about food safety and reduce the risk of foodborne diseases through the promotion of food safety knowledge.
The content includes:
- Food Safety Highlights: To publish latest food safety news, follow-up actions and processing status, etc.;
- Food Alert: To launch early warning notification about the information of the suspicious food and food recall;
- Focus of Concern: IAM keeps pace with the current market trends and the consumers' eating behaviours so as to publish the responsive food safety scientific articles;
- Food Surveillance: To publish the results of food testing and investigations by the Department of Food Safety in the IAM, these include the ‘Routine Food Surveillance’, ‘Seasonal Food Surveillance’ and ‘Targeted Food Surveillance’. All reports are downloadable;
- Trade Information: To announce the latest news from various food industries, these contain ‘Legislation’, ‘Administration/ Food Safety Measures’, ‘Food Safety Law, Standards and Guidelines’, ‘Trade Guidelines’, ‘Food Hygiene Guidebooks’, ‘Administrative Procedures’, etc.;
- Food Safety Education and Training: To announce the food safety activities, lectures and programme content for the public and food industry, users can add the event details, such as date and time, to the calendar on your mobile device. Additionally, it provides the latest information about the ‘Food Hygiene Supervisor Incentive Program’, including of the course materials and mock test (Chinese version only);
- Food Safety Media: To offer the latest push messages related to food safety of the WeChat account of IAM and food safety related videos;
- Information sharing function via social media platforms or email;
- Available in multi-language versions (i.e., Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Portuguese and English), and provide push notification message service.
Apple App Store
This program content will be improved continuously in order to provide more food safety information to the users.